Left or right?

Full moon in Aquarius, just after Lionsgate, near Boxford.

I been wanting to invest in a few pieces of art work and I just treated myself to a piece by Sarah Soward. It makes my heart happy. So now, having taken that first step, I need to do more of moving out of my comfort zone. 

For much of the time I have lived in the UK, I haven't travelled the country as much as I had planned or liked.  My former partner always pushed to go abroad - usually to Greece or France (all places I love) - or I was stateside. Or I was at my in-laws in Pembrokeshire until it finally sank in that we had little in common other than that we breathed air and that we both thought we knew their son. Then my first son arrived and I realised how little we ever know ourselves much less other people. 

Time changes soamy things and changes so little, I guess. It's down to us to decide how we make use the allocation we're given. The chances we sidle past, the opportunities we squander, the roads we don't take, the high horses we'll all fall off of for want of being 'right' over bring 'happy.' 

 Now that I am mistress of my own time and it is no longer COVID, I can do and go where I like without argument.   So, the first little adventure will be to Somerset and Dorset, where two dear friends have moved. And of course, the Moore exhibit holds major appeal. 

Then where? Bamburgh calls. Maybe more time in the Hebrides, the Faroe Islands. I've not explored the Scilly isles and I do think the idea of visiting all of the ports my dad's ship docked in would be fun.  Yorkshire. The seal sanctuary in Skegness. More time in. Norfolk. The Wirral. The boy child is desperate to visit Liverpool

Next summer I'm torn: do I spend time in Ohio, in Norfolk, VA, or take the littles to Uruguay?  Which tells me that yes, it is actually a great relief I wasn't offered the role on Tuesday, because I know it's time to shift from habit and familiarity.  There is more to life than that.

Comments

Popular Posts