Yogi Tea Wisdom: How can you uplift this moment happening right now?

Yesterday, I had a root canal. I sat in the waiting room for 25 minutes whilst no one exited the room my procedure was to be done.  I was already on edge and Not. Impressed that the procedure had been pushed a month. The music in the room was horrific - cloying, contemporary pop music fused with awkward R&B. I know, I know. I am basically turning into a crotchety old man.

There were the usual forms and I got a bit stroppy about signing the release because the dentist had not walked me through what he was going to do.  Actually, even after he walked me through what was going to happen, he really didn't. He didn't show me the drills, or the chisel, or the insidious wire brushes he would use to scrub the roots, which it turns are very deep and interconnected.  The procedure was possibly more invasive than having a medical termination. I certainly left feeling more violated but I also felt a wave of relief. What ever had been festering was being eradicated. I decided in the midst of feeling violated that this procedure was equivalent to seeing a voodoo priest, to having an exorcism. To cutting away final, incessantly agitated roots, the thorns that caught in a sundress too many months ago, suffocating desires of others, the   I could feel the individual wires from the tiny brush. I could feel the tugging between the linked canals. I could feel the antibiotics being injectected. I could feel a level of healing being to plant itself in the beds.  I am going to be okay. And my hair? Belongs only to me. 

I focused on the florescent lights, the covers of which had a scale-like pattern. It reminded me of a time when I was a mermaid, when I lived between the water and the shore, when the storms were of sand and tumultuous waves that would toss and churn before moving on.  I could live happily both places, but never constantly in one.  It is my nature to have more than one home, one roost. More than one love? There are so many different ways we love, so many ways we share our our gifts, our shadows, our light. 

Afterwards, I came home and rested. And today, I made sure rake over the earth, burn the remains of what had been dug up, spread the ash so that something healthy and more abundant could grow. And that was how I uplifted the moment, as the sun winked through the rain.

Comments

Popular Posts