These photos cropped up in a 'memory' from.3 years ago..apparently, I felt a lot of emotions in a moment.

It was the day before my brother was transferred into the federal prison system, the day before his 37th birthday.  My dad was still alive then, still answering his phone, still leaving the house. 

He'll be 40 tomorrow. I haven't spoken to him in 3 weeks. I hate not being able to speak to him.

I haven't seen him 4 and half years. I miss him, miss long catch ups at Waffle House, driving aimlessly around, fighting over nothing. All day I've felt really heavy and confused. I suppose this is part of why, this familial distance.  It's one of those days that if I didn't have littles anchoring me, I don't know I would still be on this plane. 

'Stop being sad, Momma,' the 12 year old says. Sad stands for 'Secretly aggressive dinosaur' and you have to keep rawr-ing.'

Comments

Popular Posts